27 July 2009

Mimi, My Grandmother

Today is the 6th year anniversary of the death of my grandmother, and I still miss her as if it were yesterday that she passed away.
My Mimi was never able to meet our children, as she died before they were born. I wish so badly that they could have known her. I talk about her all the time to them and have many pictures of her that I love to share with them as well.
I wish they could have known her gentle touch and heard her beautiful singing voice. They would have loved her, and she would have loved them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Mimi too and miss her a lot. Mary, I love the pics of your kids :)

Aunt Tunnie said...

Beautiful singing voice . . .now Mary, that is your perspective. Jane and I have voices like her and they are far from beautiful . . .we can't even carry a tune . . .she did sing a lot though didn't she? I do miss her singing in her flat voice!

Mimi knew how to make a person feel special . . .like they were the only person around in a room full of people.

Mimi loves and knows your kids from heaven.

XXOO
Tunnie