20 July 2010

90 Days of Kindness Challenge :: Day Two


On 19 July 2010, I officially started the "90 Days of Kindness Challenge," hosted by Laura over at the wonderful blog, Along for the Ride.

I find myself joining this challenge, since I tend to look for what's wrong with the world, whether than what's right with it. 

I assess my personal life and think of ten things that are not going well, while simutaneously ignoring the ten things that are going fantasically awesome!!! (It takes a lot of energy out of me, I must say...)

My goal for this challenge is to actively recognize three things each day, no matter how small or trivial, that exude kindness.

How will I accomplish this goal?? Glad you asked!!!
  • Right here on my blog, I will recognize three kind things that I encounter each day.
  • These proofs of kindness could be anything, from a kind word I hear at home from my children or husband to something amazingly kind that I encounter on the blogosphere or web.  These kindness encounters could be a picture, word, or deed.

I am so excited about this challenge!! I am definitely looking forward to the benefits of opening my eyes to everything that is kind!!!

Mary Elizabeth's Day Two Kindness Encounters:
  1. My baby's smile - so innocent.  So perfect.  So genuine.
  2. Reading this blog post about "emergency hugs."  Definitely going to employ this one in our house!
  3. I am getting ready to extend myself a kindness by taking a nap after publishing this post.

Tuesday Tag-Along


** This is my first "Follow Me Back Tuesday" post ... click on the button directly above to join in the linky fun!! **

As always, extending ten thousand ((hugs)) to you,


Mrs. Claus said...

Wow what a great challenge. Love the name of your blog too!

I am your newest follower from Tag Along Tuesdays!

Check it out!

Kayla said...

I'm your newest follow from Tag Along Tuesday!


Xmas Dolly said...

Stopping by from Follow me back Tuesday. Also, I'm your latest follower. Have a great day. Nice to meet you.

Hootiebee said...

New follower from FMBT! I hope you will stop by and see me at www.hootiebee.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Love this :)
I'm a new follower via Tag Along Tuesday!
Feel free to follow back,


Michelle Mekos said...

Oh my gosh I love your site!Visiting from Follow Me Back Tuesday. We all need positive reinforcement everyday!

I am your newest follower!

Stop by and visit my blog as well at www.styleingenuity.com

- Shelli :)

With our best said...

Hi! I'm your Newest Tuesday Follower! Nice to 'meet' you! :)

I'd love it if you'd followed me back!


Mama Hen said...

What a sweet blog! This kindness challenge is great! You have a new follower! Come visit Mama's Little Chick!

Mama Hen

Shining 2 Save said...

Hi, I am a new follower from Tag Along Tuesday.

I look forward to reading your posts.

Please visit my blog @
Thanks, Shining2Save

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

I love that you extended yourself a nap of kindness =) Hope it was lovely!

Mary Elizabeth said...

The kindness challenge is great! I love all of the feedback - thank you!!

lanni @ dandygiveaway.blogspot.com said...

hi! following you from the bloghop -- love your blog! i'd love for you to follow back at www.dandygiveaway.com :)

Karen Greenberg said...

I was so excited to read about you extending a kindness to yourself. I think we often forget about those things we do for ourselves. Every day I try to do a kind deed for myself by eating right, exercising, and getting enough sleep. I used to see these kindnesses as the last things on the priority list. I've recently raised them to the top because I deserve them, and because I can be more outwardly kind when my own needs are met.

savedbylovecreations.com said...

Hi! I am a new follower from Follow Me Back Tuesday. I will be back. Nice blog! I love the kindness challenge.