On 19 July 2010, I officially started the "90 Days of Kindness Challenge," hosted by Laura over at the wonderful blog, Along for the Ride.
I find myself joining this challenge, since I tend to look for what's wrong with the world, whether than what's right with it.
I assess my personal life and think of ten things that are not going well, while simutaneously ignoring the ten things that are going fantasically awesome!!! (It takes a lot of energy out of me, I must say...)
My goal for this challenge is to actively recognize three things each day, no matter how small or trivial, that exude kindness.
How will I accomplish this goal?? Glad you asked!!!
- Right here on my blog, I will recognize three kind things that I encounter each day.
- These proofs of kindness could be anything, from a kind word I hear at home from my children or husband to something amazingly kind that I encounter on the blogosphere or web. These kindness encounters could be a picture, word, or deed.
I am so excited about this challenge!! I am definitely looking forward to the benefits of opening my eyes to everything that is kind!!!
Mary Elizabeth's Day Two Kindness Encounters:
- My baby's smile - so innocent. So perfect. So genuine.
- Reading this blog post about "emergency hugs." Definitely going to employ this one in our house!
- I am getting ready to extend myself a kindness by taking a nap after publishing this post.
** This is my first "Follow Me Back Tuesday" post ... click on the button directly above to join in the linky fun!! **
As always, extending ten thousand ((hugs)) to you,